Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Triathlon Training Back to Normal


Saturday, 22 March 08 was the first road cycling for me since Aug 07. I started cycling on the road again only after weeks of indoor cycling trainer workouts. With the stamina and self confidence gained back after weeks, I worked up early in the morning to resume my Triathlon training.

I cycled alone to Lake Permaisuri where each loop around it is estimate 4km. I targeted to finished at least 40km at first as I still doubt on my fitness level. To my surprise, I feel quite good and comfortable on the saddle. This must be the results on indoor trainer workouts.
I tried to push whenever possible and tried to keep my heart rate within my training zone of 139-158 bps. I covered all together 51.8km within 2hours 6minutes. Average speed at 24.7km/h. I'm satisfied with the result as this was my first road ride so far. I will try to make it another long ride this coming Saturday as I might cycling to Ulu Langat from my house which will cover approximately 90km.

Today, 25th March 08, with the new Brooks/Radius R7 running shoes which I bought last Saturday, I started my first serious running which covered ~6km within 33 minutes, a timing which I'm quite satisfy but there are lots more need to be done on my running leg. My heart rate was up high between 170-177 bps for the total running and I feel lighter after the run. I will try to increase the running distance as not to repeat the same mistake twice.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Hasten said...

Wah, your bike looks canggih la...

Where did you get your Brooks running shoes from? I thought cannot find in Malaysia wan? I've looked high and low...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home