Monday, May 07, 2007

Bukit Merah International Triathlon, May 6,2007
After my last triathlon race since July 2006 @ PD Triathlon, I've never raced since then. I've working hard on improving my base running. However, my training was on and off affected due to my working scheduled that required me to travel to other countries. I won't blaimed it's because of my work that make my Bukit Merah Triathlon the worst triathlon race that I've ever have. All because I have some other thing to focus on e.g wedding photo taking session, wedding lunch preparation and of cause work related stuff as well.
The swim leg was terrible long during this race which was about 2000m!! Before getting down into the dingy dark colour lake, everyone was so surprise that the buoyant which marks the swimming loop were located so far. I swam for 41min 35sec which i think was arnd 200om ++.
My arms felt really tired after coming out from the water, I thought it was ok as the following legs mainly focusing on legs muscles.
I got on my bike and took over by Mun Yong in the 100m turn. He is full of potential to become a good triathlete for Malaysia one day. I following him (not drafting) from behind as preparing myself to ride on a group which coming from behind later on. After 4km mark, Hairul and Don Khor riding fast from behind, I tried to draft behind them for a while, the computer showed 38-39km/h. I lead the pack for a while and my thighs felt the push, I can't push this hard as this was just the starting of the 40km ride. So I just back off after 1km following. Later, another mat salleh came with a good speed coming from behind and this time I follow him for arnd 5km. I push for it and eventually dropped again to rest. It's been around 6-8mths that I've never ride bicycle on the road. I can't make up the speed when I need it.

By the time I made the U-turn, Ah B was following behind closely. His packs pushing really hard @ 40km/h and I again pushed hard to follow them. This time I really feel the thigh muscles start forming asid lactic. Later when Ah Sui and Carmen came, I can hardly draft behind them eventhough their speed is not really fast. I dropped from their group during the last 10km and ride alone back.

When come to T2, my worst nightmare came to haunt me again. My right thigh changed shape due to terrible cramps. I knew it's absolutely due to my low mileage on biking. I rested at T2 for about 5min before I can walk. It's a bad day for me.

I struggle during my last 10km run, saw many people jumping and running actively but not me, felt really sad for it. The first 5km took me 45min to cover it and only after that I can run on the 2nd 5km. However, I can only finish the whole race in 3h24min. Felt so frustrated for myself.
I will put more efforts for these coming 2 weeks in biking to prepare myself for Kenyir Lake Triathlon on 27th May 07. Wish to make it below 3 hours race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home