Monday, May 21, 2007

Pacesetter 15km Run, May 21, 2007(Sunday)
I was feeling tired the whole week after last weekend hills cycling workouts. Moreover, I have not sleep well thru out the whole week. Friday night during swimming session in Chin Woo Swimming Pool, tiny insects went into my right eyes and caused me abandoned my Saturday cycling plan. Whole right eye swollen and reddish the whole day.
Slept early on Saturday and felt nont confident for the 15km run. Started the run with normal pace ~slow :( , many runners passed me by during the first 5km. When come to double hills, more and more runners slowing down. Told myself to hang on and try to keep the foot cadence consistent. Managed to cut back a few runners.
Saw the first 2 Kenya runners passed me by on the roundabout, their speed were superb fast. Both of them also breath heavily, sweat heavily as well.
After that saw a mat salleh was tailed closely by another Kenyan runner. They looked like rushing to somewhere. Right before the last hill back to Tugu Negara, saw a chinese guy came in. Wow, I think he was the fatest Malaysian so far. Even Don Khor said that he is superb, local indian also can't match with him....
I saw Siao Wah and Shenee during the last climb towards Tugu Negara. I tried my best to strike from there and amazingly, I managed to finished the last 2km with a good speed and cut alot runners for that distance.
Overall, my timing was poorer than last 2 years 15km ( didn't join last year). I think my running has improved but the slow timing mainly due to the changed of path, more hills in this year 15km indeed. I felt fresh after the run and satisfy with my run this time. Will work hard on building a good running base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home