Monday, February 20, 2006

For the first time in my life, I finished a 42km run yesterday in Melaka.
I did it in 4H58m and the best part was, I didn't caught in the legs cramp during the training.
It was a cooling morning yesterday in Melaka, I started the run at 6.34am.
I ran a 10 loops in Bukit Serindit housing area which I measured last year as 1.3km per loop.
After that, I grabbed a botol of 1.5l mineral water and ran up to the nearby hill which is famous for its historical story. Its called Bukit Cina, the oldest grave yard in Melaka(or maybe in Malaysia).
The path surrounding the hill is not easy. Its up and down, left and right but one good thing about it was fresh air keep blowing towards my face and no vehicle exhaust gases around.
It is a famous spot for local ppl to jog arnd there everyday.
During my last loop in Bukit Cina(where it was arnd 11.16am), I was shocked by a man who just started his jog there! He apppeared suddenly behind of me, siao.... Dunno he was a man or wat la, jog at arnd 11am, some more during that time, the sun is almost right above my head.
I felt both my thighs was almost cramped during the last 2 loops as there is a >50 degree slope which ended at the highest point of the hill. You can view the whole Melaka City from there.

I'm happy that I've finish the 42km and hoping that I can overcome the fear of running in the next 2 weeks KL Marathon. See you guys there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home